Tofu craving much? Here’s sharing an easy weekday dinner idea that I bring to use often. Marinated baked tofu remains constant while the accompaniment changes; sometimes its salad and then soups or mashed sweet potatoes or anything that I can think of then.
I love this because you don’t have to do a lot and it’s still yummy and healthy.
Starting with the Tofu-
Ingredients (for 2 servings) –
250 gms Tofu
2 tbs Tamari soy sauce
1/2 tbs grated ginger
1/2 tbs minced garlic
1 tbs sesame seeds
1 tsp sesame oil
- Prepare the tofu by extracting out extra water. Then slice it into desirable size pieces and keep aside.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients except sesame in a bowl. Dip the tofu pieces one by one in the marinade and place in a baking dish. Save the remaining marinade for using as dipping sauce later.
- After 20 min to 4 hours (depending on how much time you have) place the baking dish in pre-heated oven and bake at 350ºF (180ºC).
- After 15 min flip the tofu pieces, sprinkle the sesame seeds all over and continue baking for another 15 min. They should be well-baked and beautiful brown by the end.
Greek salad Recipe-
1 tbsp lemon juice
A pinch of salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/3rd cup nonfat greek yogurt or plain
1 tbsp virgin olive oil
One medium-sized romaine lettuce or any other kind of crispy lettuce.
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Prepare the dressing by mixing lemon juice, oil, yoghurt, chopped chives, salt and pepper. You can also so this in the large bowl you want to use for your salad. Taste the dressing and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Tear and drop biteable pieces of the lettuce into a large bowl and toss with the dressing.