I can barely imagine winters without a hot cuppa and some cake to go with it. And just so that you all know, baking is my new interest. After few failures at it, I have finally managed to get some things right including this semi-sweet banana and choco cake. It is healthy and yum! You will know what I mean once you read through the ingredients and more so when you bake yourself and eat.
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
Natural sweetener of choice according to preference. I used 1/2 cup cane sugar
1 tbsp butter
2 ripe bananas mashed
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup finely grounded almonds
1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
2 tsp Maca Powder
Pumpkin seeds to top
Pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven to 350F. Grease a baking pan with very little oil or cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Make sure to mix everything well.
- Add butter, sugar, vanilla extract, chia seeds, maca powder and almond powder and mix well, followed by pureed bananas.
- Add chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and top with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a fork inserted in the cake comes out clean. Also, the baking time may vary from oven to oven.